Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Clarion Article

I was cleaning out my backpack today (summer is nearly dead, how sad) and I found an old issue of the Clarion, the school newspaper. I flipped through it, and found out why I had kept it: it had one of my articles in it! I'm honestly glad that Daphna persuaded me to write for the paper, I had a couple of fun experiences and now I'll be able to continue to write about the Board of Education. The article was one of my favorites, and it dealt with what to me is a major issue: organ donation. I don't really have money because I don't really have a job, but I still want to be able to help people. The perfect avenue in my opinion is by being a donor, not only of organs but also of blood, which this article didn't deal with. I'll be able to donate again on December 10th, because I just recently did a double platelet donation. Donating blood is easy, pretty painless, and it can help save a life. So here's the link to the article, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's a very cynical viewpoint to think that a doctor would let one patient die, just to harvest the organs of that patient and transfer them in a very high risk procedure to someone who needed them.

    My "Organ Donor" box is checked and I actively look for blood donation events in Pittsburgh! Good article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely is pretty cynical, but I kind of understand where that concern comes from. It's definitely not a valid reason *not* to become a donor though.

    ReplyDelete