Sunday, September 26, 2010

September: The Crazy Month

Wow, so a lot has happened over the past few weeks.  The start of school was fun, and my classes are looking great.  Calc 3 is so far fun and surprisingly relaxed, with AP Physics looking like my real math class.  AP IPLE is already challenging (and I have the bad grade to prove it unfortunately) but I can tell it will be very rewarding.  Macroeconomics looks to be challenging as well, but Mr. Saroka definitely shines as a teacher for that class; he really knows his stuff and does a good job of explaining things.

But maybe more exciting than my classes are my activities.  Student Representative is awesome, meetings with Mr. Murphy are a great time to get info and express student concerns.  Plus, I really like doing the afternoon announcements (if only to get out of French for Business for a little while).  Mock Trial is also going to be great this year, our next meeting is Thursday and tryouts are next week, and hopefully we'll get some good newbies.  Our case looks interesting, and it will be cool to see how the arguments will play out.  But maybe most exciting is Drama club.  At the suggestion of friends (Becky, Scott, and Kat) and because my schedule made it possible, I decided to try out this year.  I worked my ass off on my monologue (British accents are tough to do through a monologue that long!) and it paid off.  Our play (it's cool to say our play) is Pride and Prejudice this year, and I'll be playing Mr. Darcy alongside Kat Siciliano as Elizabeth, Dave Fertik and Devin Massih as Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, Nick Walsh as Mr. Collins, Alex Fleming as Lydia, and John Ancona as Mr. Wickham (and those are just some of the seniors).  I'm really excited to be working with the kids I've seen kick ass in our previous school plays, and hopefully we'll make this year's play great.

So that's my story of these crazy first few weeks.  It only gets crazier from here though!  And oh yeah, college applications.  Blegh.

2 comments:

  1. b.s. you fall asleep 99% of the times. <- in regards to macro. i haven't read past that yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Anna. You're asleep most of the time in Calc too

    ReplyDelete