Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Things

First off, woo 2000 pageviews!  It's not really a large number, but it's exciting I think.  In other news, Homecoming tonight was actually impressively fun.  Dancing wasn't so bad, not too awkward, and I liked seeing my friends and hanging out with people.  Hopefully they'll keep doing this dance for the years to come, I imagine it was a pretty good fundraiser too.

Anyway, good things.  There's that adage, "good things come to those who wait."  I think I'm really starting to discover that that is load of crap.  First of all, just look at the verb: good things come.  Really?  Good things never come, they hang like ripe fruit on the top branches of the tree; yeah they might be delicious but it'll be a pain in the ass trying to get up there.  Good things don't come, but maybe good opportunities do.  Every once in a while I'll meet someone and wonder later what would have happened if I had tried a little harder to get to know them.  In relationships, in business, in life, I think really the good policy is to go for what you want.  Waiting for a good opportunity to come along is perfectly fine, but sometimes you have to realize "hey, this might not be a perfect situation, but I've got to work with it."  Wait for the door to open, but don't be too afraid to stick your foot in the crack before it closes on you again.

I probably spend too much waiting around, but that's mostly because I can't decide what I want.  It's hard to go for something when you don't know what to go for!  College decisions are going to be ridiculously tough I'm sure, and the application process is a serious pain.  I really need to start getting more motivated, the hardest part is getting up to those first few branches and then it's just a little climbing for some sweet goodness.

Speaking of waiting for good things to happen, this work isn't going to "happen" if I keep waiting around.  That's all for tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Too bad there isn't a like button on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I would have liked that comment... But yeah... HC was fun! And I like your style of thinking about oppurtunities and stuff...That's called optimism is it? But even if it's not.. That's my motto too!!!!!!! <--- The exclamation marks represent more fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 2000! That's impressive :]

    ReplyDelete